Page 1 of 287 1234567891151101201 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Blog Entries

Smile Introduce Yourself

Don't want to make a thread? Post here.
    Last edited by Pawn; April 1st, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    C.A.

I’ve bounced around colleges when I was younger. I finally settled on Fine Arts, at least for a more sustained length of time. As a result, my education is pretty diverse: fine art, literature, philosophy, psychology, history, etc. The list demonstrates an ADD personality, I think.

I attended college in the sixties for the most part. It was a time when things in general were nuts and I tried my best to be a shining star of the strange. Unfortunately being strange lost its luster by the mid-seventies. Subsequent therapy helped me sort out the more annoying behavior at least to the extent people tolerate me now.

Words have become my passion. I love the modernists and postmodernists writers most, and I think Joyce is the most rewarding among them for me.

Over the years, my short stories and poems have been published in various college literary magazines. I was awarded the English Department Award for Literary Merit for my short stories and the Sheaf Literary Award for my poetry. I have written numerous technical manuals for the IT industry, as well as lectured across the United States, the Middle East, Europe and Asia. I am not nearly as dry as all of this seems to make me. I am noted for being a humorous speaker.

“From an Otherwise Comfortable Room” is my first (maybe the last if the next effort is as hard as this one). I’ll let you be the judge regarding its value.

I’m sure this is more than you care to know so I’ll stop.

suszytt

mom finally has time for writing

I am a mother of three, a daughter, 23, a son in the air force, 21, and a son who is a senior in high school. I finally have some time to myself where i can write all about the past 52 years of life's experiences.
    I have been writing for searchwarp for the past 2 years, and have been made site manager for a free, inspirational site of hope. if there is anyone who would like to submit a story of inspiration, please visit onsuchthings.com
    we would love to hear from you.
    with so much going wrong in this world of ours, it's nice to read about something inspirational and filled with hope.
    my best regards to all,
    susan thom

"Just our way of making sure you aren't a robot"? The proof is in the prose, yo.

....Sadly I actually am a Robot so I'm not sure that this post is proving anything.

Though when I'm not hanging with C3PO, R2D2 and other number-letter combos, I masquerade as a 23 year old Melbourne girl with make up that would make Ziggy Stardust proud. My back hurts. And I'm looking forward to getting addicted to this.

Not that Robots have the capacity to suffer the phenomenon of addiction.

Character slipping.... and out.

Lies make my willy tingle with instict.

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Like a Fox View Post
    ....Sadly I actually am a Robot so I'm not sure that this post is proving anything.

Though when I'm not hanging with C3PO, R2D2 and other number-letter combos, I masquerade as a 23 year old Melbourne girl with make up that would make Ziggy Stardust proud. My back hurts. And I'm looking forward to getting addicted to this.

Not that Robots have the capacity to suffer the phenomenon of addiction.

Character slipping.... and out.
    You know those three balls that hang outside a pawnbroker's?

Q: Why is one of them lower than the other two?
    A: Because it's on a longer chain.

shopwurld4u8
    Hello,

I'm Adam. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I have quite a vivid imagination and I enjoy dissecting and analyzing readings. My favorite book author is Dean Koontz. I enjoy writing mystery novels that leave people in suspense. I look forward to contributing to these boards

Quote Originally Posted by The Backward OX View Post
    You know those three balls that hang outside a pawnbroker's?

Q: Why is one of them lower than the other two?
    A: Because it's on a longer chain.
    I am utterly perplexed by this, which is why i said nothing to it.
    Maybe i am blindsighted because I work at a pawnbrokers, and we don't have three balls (have i alluded to that on here, because i don't think i have)

Or maybe I am just nowhere near as clever as I like to think. Little help? haha.

...And Hi Adam.

Yorkiesrpeople2
    Hi I am Phyllis Married 27 yrs and new writer. I have 3 offerers to publish my childrens book. But worried its a scam???

If it's a scam, you can usually tell if they are asking you for money to publish your book.