The winner will receive a forum award which will be pinned to their lapel by Baron himself. Also, the winner will be awarded with a one month free subscription to the forums (FoWF) which will give you access to additional forums and use of the chat room where a there is a steadily growing community!
So, do your best!
Our prompt for this month's competition is:
Another Corporate Takeover
In 650 words or less, write a story where the prompt above is in some way included in the story, such as the theme; object; setting, etc. So there should be many ways to connect to the prompt.
The judges for this round are:
Fin; DuKane; Lasm; Bazz Cargo
A click of a judge's name will bring you to their profile.
(To the judges, send your scores to Fin via PM - and if we could aim to have them sent within a week after the closing date, that would be ideal)
Now a recap of the rules:
- The word limit is 650 words not including the title. If you go over - Your story will not be counted.
- You can no longer edit your entry after posting. There will be a 10-minute grace period, if you want to go in there and edit a typo or something, but you should approach this as if you were submitting your work to be published and paid for. When you submit, that should be your final work, the work you are happy with.
- Of course, there can only be one entry per member.
No comments in this thread, please - Only competition entries (and links to) to be posted in this thread.
Also, please hold off on "liking" stories until the judging's done.
There are two ways to post your entry:
- If you aren't too concerned about your first rights, then you can simply post your entry here in this thread.
- You can opt to have your entry posted in the LM Workshop Thread which is a special thread just for LM entries. You would put your story there if you wish to protect your first rights (in case you want to someday submit the work to a magazine or something). Take note: If you have elected to put your entry there in the Workshop thread, you must copy the link into the main competition thread or else it will not be counted.
Everyone is welcome to participate. A judge's entry will receive a review by their fellow judges, but it will not receive a score.
This competition will close on:
Wednesday, the 14th of November. To avoid confusion, the thread will close at 11:59pm (Wednesday Night) LOS ANGELES, USA time. (GMT/UTC-7)